Houston Family Law Court Order Enforcements Lawyer

Understanding How to Enforce Court Orders in Divorce

After divorce proceedings, a judge will issue a court order that establishes how the two parties will handle matters such as child support, custody, spousal maintenance, and more. Obtaining a favorable judgment in your divorce can be time-consuming, stressful, and costly, which is why it can be extremely frustrating and disheartening when the other party fails to abide by the new terms. Luckily, there are legal steps you can take to protect your rights and your family.

If your ex-spouse fails to follow through with their end of the court order, you can request that the court hold them in contempt and pay for your attorney’s fees. This is done through a process called enforcement. Enforcement legally forces a person to obey a court order. If your ex-spouse is not following their responsibilities after the divorce, it is important you seek qualified legal counsel.

Enforceable Orders & Consequences of Non-Compliance

Failing to comply with court orders is a serious transgression. If your ex-spouse does not obey the guidelines outlined in the document, they not only hurt you, but they can also affect the well-being of your child. By having your ex-spouse held in contempt, you can seek the justice you deserve.

What Can Be A Cause for Filing a Motion of Contempt?

If the other party consciously refuses to follow court orders, you can hold them accountable. Our Houston court order enforcement lawyers at Boudreaux Hunter & Associates, LLC can gather the necessary documents and evidence to file a motion against your ex. If they still fail to comply with the orders, they can face jail time, expensive fines, an order to pay attorney and court fees, and loss of some rights. Contact us at (713) 333-4430 or fill out our intake form and we will contact you ASAP.


Work With a Team That Truly Cares

Contact Us Now