Pet Custody Attorney in Houston
Getting Custody of Your Pets in Your Divorce
What Does Texas Law Say About Who Gets Custody of the Fur Babies?
What is a "Pet-Nup" or Pet Prenup?
A Pet-Nup is essentially an agreement for pets. This is an agreement between pet owners in a relationship about the fate of their pets if they separate. A petnup will outline the ownership and basic care for the animals, financial responsibility, visitation rights and even shared custody agreements. In the state of Texas pets are considered property, so without a specific pet-nuptial agreement in place the judge will treat a pet like any other asset or piece of property. Boudreaux Hunter & Associates, LLC can answer your questions and help draft a petnup for you and your partner. Call us today at (713) 333-4430 to schedule a consultation.
- Who purchased or acquired the pet, when and why?
- Who takes care of the pet and meets the pet’s daily needs?
- Was the pet neglected while under the care of either party?
- What are the work and travel schedules of each person?
- Does one party have custody of a child who is close to the pet?
In the News
Call to Start Your Case
If you are ending a marriage or cohabitation, you do not want to fight for legal custody of your beloved pets. With the help of our Houston divorce lawyers, you can make sure the best interests of your furry family members are protected. Call our office today!